Tuesday, October 1, 2013




It’s been awhile, Am sincerely sorry for the wait, today am going to share a story with you, A month ago, I was like you (I mean not knowing what might end the relationship between my phone and I).
          I was glad I knew this newly introduced technology pushed on many Android phones while most users don’t know it really existed.
          I use my phone for lots of transactions, which include PayPal, E-bay, AlertPay, Western Union to mention but few, oh… I love the VPN service on that phone, whoa, it’s superb, with that flash player, I enjoy flash web pages as well.
        What’s this story all about?
          Thanks, I started laughing over the weekend when I realized someone has put asunder between me and my phone.
        What really transpired?
          I was at a joint, enjoying my drinks when I realized my phone had traveled without my consent, I called the line, only to hear a deep voice ‘Don’t call this line again’ after some tries, the line was switched off, so I knew there’s a problem.
          Way forward:
          Thanks to the new Android tool, this is magnificent, with this tool; you can locate your device, ring it (in cases of misplacement) and also remotely wipe all the data on it, which saves you lots of data.
          By now, you should be asking why do you need to remotely locate or data wipe your Android phone, it a great thing if it’s activated on your device just for a day like this. A friend of mine often say “99.9% error on a computer processing is bound to human error” you might even lost your phone at home, instead of going through thorough searching that may prove abortive, why not ‘Ring’ your phone, did I just say ring your phone? Yes, with the new “Android Device Manager” your phone will ring till the battery run low unless you intervene, in other case, perhaps you are worried about data security in case your phone was stolen, you’ve got everything under remote control.
What are the requirements?
1.     An android device that run on Android OS 2.2+
2.     A Google account

From my source, Android Device manager has been available to Google Business Account users for awhile; Google started rolling it out to Standard Accounts early August, 2013. So its possible this function might not yet be on your device, all you have to do is to check back in few days for the updates.
          Activating Android Device Manager

          This Manager is deactivated by default, to activate it, simply click on your home screen menu, scroll to settings and open it,
 click on Location & Security->Device Administrators, there you see “Android Device Manager” inactive, 

once you click on it, it shows two options “Activate”/ “Cancel”, click activate, instantly the red flag ought to change to green and ticked but earlier version of this device might need some personal clicks, just get it activated either way, now you can return to your home screen.



Time to perform functions on Device Manager Web portal
Now visit Android Device Manager Web portal , the first time you access this service, you will have to accept an agreement to allow Android Device Manager to access location.
Then you can select your device from the drop down menu located at the corner, where you can perform any of these three tasks.


1.     Using GPS/Wi-Fi location from the phone, which will locate your phone, depending on how recent your GPS data was. If its turned off (lets say for some days), it will remote your location as unavailable.


2.     Ring the phone to locate it once its in a range you could hear it, even if its in flight mode where vibration is switch off while ringing at 100% volume, where you have to switch it off by tapping your power button or else, it rings still eternity.


3.     Wipe remotely, this function initializes the factory wipe on the device but may not be able to wipe your SD card depending on the hardware/OS version, I learnt that this function of wiping SD card is available on business accounts, which I think if not already deployed in the standard accounts might be available soon.
So, I wiped my phone and to my surprise, few hours later, a kid brought the phone to me that he saw it on the floor showing light constantly and saw a man, who’s movement seems as if he dropped the phone and ran away, true or false, my phone and I had been reunited now, Thanks to Google for that wonderful tool.
XGG3M9S5CYCX

0 comments:

Post a Comment